Oh hello marshmallows! I’m Alba and it’s great to meet you!Thomas already talked about how we ended up together in Finland, so I will spare you that part. I moved from Barcelona to Helsinki in January 2008 and got a job as an Interaction Designer / Usability Consultant; I worked there until I felt it was time to move on and bring some happiness into this world. I quit my job forever in May 2013 and have not looked back.
Together with Thomas we started Made of Sundays in December 2013, and I recently managed to convince my sister Gemma (the family’s Criminologist), to move to Helsinki and join this madness. While Thomas takes care of the technical stuff and makes sure the webshop runs smoothly, Gemma and myself take care of the production, packaging, customer support, watering our plant collection and feeding our invisible office unicorn; we are also the ones behind that little handwritten note that comes with your order… Asides from all the daily tasks, we are also in charge of our mandatory cat-video break (is like your usual coffee break but better) and drawing all kinds of nonsense on the studio outdoor chalkboard.
Few random facts about myself:
- I’m in my thirties and I sleep with a little squirrel plushy, his name is Pepe.
- I used to write a blog, but then the entrepreneurial life hit me in the face and I just don’t have enough hours a day to continue writing.
- I have a serious travel addiction. I also love puppies, kittens or anything fluffy.
- I suck at maths, driving cars and I’m definitely not a morning person.
- I’m a pistachio ice-cream kind of person and I could not live without street food or waffles, I just couldn’t handle all that sadness.
- I wish that some day Studio Ghibli and Wes Anderson would make a movie together.
We are living the dream, and all thanks to you guys :-)
Hugs and rainbows!